Teaching Health vs. Treating Illness: The Efficacy of Three Principles Correctional Counseling with Inmates in an English Prison
- Research conducted by Beyond Recovery in 2015 & 2016.
- Results taken from HMP Onley academic research project control and treatment groups – average difference before and after intervention
- In all cases, the treatment group experienced much greater impact
- Participants in the intervention experienced more than five times greater feelings of wellbeing than the control group
- The course participants’ purpose in life scores increased more than two and a half times as much as those in the control group
- Reductions in levels of depression, anger and anxiety were ten times greater in the treatment group
- There were 63 men in the control group and 91 men in the treatment group